Signs You May Be Too Stressed Out
- Trouble with Concentration
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Muscle Tension
- Feeling Overwhelmed
WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
- Listen to music that soothes you.
- Practice viewing yourself with compassion and unconditional love.
- Get enough sleep.
- Wake up 10 minutes earlier.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Avoid caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs.
- Connect with nature.
- Take time to read something fun and not related to academics.
- Take a warm bath or shower.
- Make a “to-do” list and prioritize your tasks.
- Share how you are feeling with someone you respect and trust.
- Plan some free time every day.
- When possible, be assertive in expressing your needs and wants. Don’t say “yes” when you mean “no.”
- Take time to reflect on your day.
- Learn a new relaxation skill such as yoga or meditation, and practice it regularly.