School Social Worker
The School Social Worker is a Master’s level social worker available to assist students in managing challenges.
Students can receive assistance with challenges such as as test anxiety, excess stress, concern about another student, discouragement, friendship issues, relationship break-ups, and adjusting to life transitions.
The School Social Worker is able to assess depression, anxiety, substance abuse, eating disorders, etc., and is available to see students for occasional crises or ongoing support during difficult times. If sessions with an outside counselor are needed, the School Social Worker offers help to families in finding a good match with a community professional.
Students and parents are welcome to stop by the School Social Worker’s office, located off the main lobby, or contact her by phone or email. The right of students and parents to privacy and discretion is highly respected. Conversations with students and parents are confidential unless there is a significant safety risk involved or other agreements are reached.
- Mental Health Self-Screening Tools
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Virtual Calming Room
- Local Resources
- Faith-Based Support and Resources
- Have Hope
- Resources for LGBTQ+ Youth
- Resources for Grieving Youth
- Smoking and Vaping Cessation for Teens
- Resources for Managing Technology/Social Media Balance
- Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline