Spring Merit & Character Awards
Spring Merit & Character (SMC) Awards celebrate the accomplishments of our hardworking students. A number of financial, merit, and character awards are presented each year. They are divided into three categories, including Application-Based, Nomination-Based, and Departmental Awards.
Freshman, sophomore, and junior families, please note that the general application for all Application-Based Awards will open on Tuesday, February 20, 2024. You will receive an email with a link to the online application. The deadline for this application is Friday, March 8, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Jonathan Ilagan Chemistry Prize
- Jonathan Ilagan Memorial Science Scholarship
- Thomas L. Fialkowski Mathematics Award
- Ignatian Math Award
- Fred B. McCashland Endowed Senior Scholarship
- Louise Haugh Poetry and Fiction Prize
- Fr. Al Bischoff, S.J., Saint of God Award
- Bob Lampert Art Award
- Joe Harvey Mental Attitude Award
- Burlsworth Character Award
- James Howard Memorial Science Scholarship
- What is the difference between SMC Awards and Financial Aid Scholarships?
- My student receives a merit scholarship based on their High School Placement Test score. Do they need to submit an SMC Award Application to maintain this scholarship?
- Is the SMC Award Application required for students?
- Who is eligible to complete the SMC Award Application?
- Who is NOT eligible to complete the SMC Award Application?
- When is the SMC Award Application deadline?
- Who makes up the decision committees?
- How and when will my student be notified if they received a Spring Merit or Character Award?
- If my student received an SMC Award, when will the funds be available?