Severe Weather Procedures
In case of anticipated heavy snow or other severe weather, announcements of a school cancellation or delayed opening will be posted in various locations.
- Via multiple Brebeuf Jesuit social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Via text to your mobile phone
- Posted to local media outlets (see below)
- WISH-TV 8 (CBS) [MyIndyTV CH 23, WISHTV.com]
- WRTV-6 (ABC) [Cable News Channel 64, WRTV.com]
- WTHR-13 (NBC) [WTHR.com]
- WTTV-4 (WB) [WXIN-59 FOX, WTTV.com]
For cancellation information on athletic competitions and co-curriculars, please reference the Brebeuf Jesuit media outlets mentioned above, as well as www.brebeufathletics.org.
Please note that Brebeuf Jesuit does not link its school closings to Pike Township Schools. If Brebeuf Jesuit remains open and parents believe that travel conditions in their particular neighborhood are unsafe, parents should call the Deans’ Office at 317.524.7118 to report their student’s absence; in such cases an excused absence will be given.
In the event of a two-hour delay, classes will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Closings and Delays
As always, the school will make the serious decision to delay/close school as soon as all necessary information is made available.