Job Opening - Director of Technology
The Director of Technology will supervise and manage the Information Technology Department, personnel and IT assets of Brebeuf Jesuit. This person is responsible for the oversight of support services, staff management, IT assets, lifecycle management, and infrastructure stability.
This position will report to the Vice President of Campus Operations and Technology.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Manage, and as necessary, develop systems for upgrading hardware and performing maintenance on all IT systems (information management, educational technology, data/voice communications, public address, signage, and copying.)
- Oversee maintenance of network stability and security.
- Coordinate with faculty, staff, and administration on purchasing and implementation of network and desktop hardware and software (administrative and educational areas).
- Supervise managed or extended service and maintenance contracts in the IT area. Consult with Campus Operations VP on selection, scope, and execution of IT Managed services.
- Manage and develop as necessary change management systems in hardware and network infrastructure (component replacement, upgrades, changes to layout or services provided.
- Assist VP for Campus Operations in proactive planning of major technology upgrades.
- Provide support and planning for continuous improvement of educational technology integration.
- Assist VP of Campus Operations in developing and maintaining policies and documentation regarding change management, IT Security and Infrastructure, acceptable use and long-range planning of the school’s IT Network.
- Maintain fiscal policies that carefully and ethically balance the school's needs to provide holistic Ignatian education with information and educational technology resources.
- Communicate with faculty and staff regarding technology, integration and use of information technology in the school using best practices for access, safety, security and implementation.
- Maintain, supervise, evaluate, and review support staff and personnel required to fulfill the duties and mission described above. Coordinate with the VP of Campus Operations regarding program personnel needs.
- At least 5 years of experience in Network or Technology Administration including supervisory responsibilities and maintenance of a technology budget.
- Certification and/or equivalent experience in the use of information technology, network administration, IT security or similar field of study.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and related experience.
- Evidence of successful management of complex projects/ assignments.
- Evidence of effectiveness in collaborative environments.
- Experience in education settings helpful
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Click the link below to download a packet and learn more about this position.