Job Opening - Director of Alumni and Philanthropic Engagement
The Director of Alumni and Philanthropic Engagement is a member of the Advancement team and is responsible for securing financial resources for Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School. The primary focus is meeting and working with donors and prospects with significant giving capacity to accomplish their giving objectives in the form of annual giving, major, and planned gifts. The Director of Alumni and Philanthropic Engagement will be responsible for all aspects of the donor development cycle including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardship.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- In collaboration with the Senior Vice President; Director of Development, and other Advancement colleagues, develops the goals, strategies, and tasks associated with alumni relations, major gifts, and the planned giving program for Brebeuf Jesuit.
- Responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and/or stewarding a portfolio of 100 alumni major gift prospects.
- In coordination with other Advancement team members, develop written proposals, gift agreements and other appropriate correspondence necessary to acquire gifts and commitments.
- Manage the planned giving program and the stewardship of the O’Brien Society.
- Attend events, travel as necessary locally and regionally to manage a portfolio of prospects effectively.
- Support and cultivate the work of the Alumni Association Board of Directors in the areas of governance, communication, awards, and events.
- Collaborate and participate in the management of programs and operations for strategic initiatives to engage alumni constituencies.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and comparable software programs
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- Experience of non-profit management.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Click the link below to download a packet and learn more about this position.