Job Opening - Custodian 2nd Shift
This position is a full-time, Monday – Friday (2:30 PM – 11:00 PM), calendar year position. Primary focus is cleaning and maintaining the interior of the school.
This position reports to the Custodian Supervisor.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Sanitation of desks and furniture
- Removal of trash
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors
- Strip and wax floors and shampoo carpets as needed
- Sanitation of restrooms, offices, meeting rooms
- Clean gyms after games and special events (Occasional weekend requirements)
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Commitment and ability to work well with others, as well as independently
- Openness to taking direction from supervisor(s)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Reliable and punctual
- Prior experience in custodial tasks
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- Prior experience in a diverse working community
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.