Job Opening - Chief Financial Officer
As a member of Brebeuf Jesuit’s Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will lead and manage a finance and administrative structure to meet the evolving needs and opportunities of the School.
Reporting to the President, the CFO serves as both a thought partner for setting long-term strategy and a day-to-day manager. The CFO engages in a wide range of functions including developing financial models and managing budgets; overseeing investment, audit, and legal affairs; management of the financial aid program and tuition management services; and the operations of the facilities management team.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Advise Senior Leadership team, Board of Trustees, and Board Finance Committee on the financial implications of school activities
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance the institution’s financial position and organizational capabilities
- Lead the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across the Brebeuf Jesuit community so as to identify needs and seek full range of business solutions
- Responsible for accounting, finance, budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning and risk management
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of financial trends, budgets and forecasts
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Program Management
- Tuition Management
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Direct supervision of the Finance & Accounting, Human Resources and Facility Management functions
- Oversee relationships with third party contract service providers
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- Five or more years in financial leadership roles
- High integrity, sound business judgment, and results orientation
- Strong communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Sensitivity to diversity
- MBA and/or CPA
- Experience in non-profit organization
- Prior experience in diverse working community
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.