Job Opening - Head Coach for Boys and Girls Bowling
The Head Coach for Boys and Girls Bowling is the lead agent for a key program at our school, whereby the coach purposefully leads student-athletes by living out the mission of Brebeuf Jesuit and the Athletic Department’s core values transformationally through the InsideOut Initiative within an education-based focus. This position reports to the Athletic Director.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Create an engaging and welcoming environment that challenges and meets the needs of all students
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s team, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student-athlete progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice
- Use sound proven methods of coaching and display knowledge and innovation of sport
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations, game operations, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport and NFHS
- Design, oversee, and administrate highly structured off-season programs
- Exhibit acceptable personal conduct and appearance before, during, and after practice and contests
- Support all levels of the program at Brebeuf Jesuit
- Recruitment, administration and evaluation of assistant coaching staff
- Work closely with admissions officers to identify, attract and enroll student-athletes
- Duties as assigned by the Brebeuf Jesuit athletic administration
- Work with other coaches to facilitate multi-sport athletes, and with school staff to facilitate students’ pursuit of academic development and faith formation
- Model all points of the Coaches’ Pledge
- Model Brebeuf Jesuit’s Mission Statement and Core Values
- Report directly to the Athletic Director
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Head coaching experience
- Evidence of strong interpersonal, management, computer, and communication skills
- Evidence of collaborative leadership
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- 2+ years of professional responsibility in secondary education
- Collegiate and/or professional coaching experience
- Experience in school athletic program administration
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.