Job Opening - Assistant Director of Campus Ministry
Are you a creative thinker that wants to bring innovative approaches to supporting and engaging students in their faith? Are you inspired by the transformative capacity of Jesuit, Catholic education? If so, we’d love for you to apply! Brebeuf Jesuit is looking for an Assistant Director of Campus Ministry to join the team. At Brebeuf, we strive to provide the best educational and spiritual experiences for students from a variety of religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
The Assistant Director of Campus Ministry educates students in mind and spirit by incorporating the best traditions of Jesuit, Catholic education. Working closely with the Vice Principal for Mission Formation and the Director of Campus Ministry, you will establish and nurture the faith life of the school community by designing and executing regular school-wide masses, other sacramental opportunities, high-quality student retreats, and other activities. Ongoing professional enrichment opportunities are supported and encouraged.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Give living witness to the Gospel and the mission and core values of Brebeuf Jesuit, making the Gospel and our mission and values attractive to all in the Brebeuf Jesuit Community and to those whom our community encounters.
- Be present and available to the student body at Brebeuf Jesuit as our students explore questions of faith, confront the struggles of teenage life, and celebrate and savor their experiences of success and growth -- listening more than giving advice or counsel and being prepared to direct students to other professionals when appropriate.
- Facilitates and assess progress of training programs for student leaders for prayer, worship and retreats based on established mission objectives.
- Support the immediate spiritual needs of the community as they arise and as called upon by the school’s leadership team and administration. draw attention to important religious holidays and community initiatives and reflect Brebeuf Jesuit’s mission and core values.
- Participates in review of retreat programs, calendar of events, retreat leadership participation and scope and sequence of Ignatian content on an annual basis.
- Carries out retreats, liturgies, and student formation initiatives.
- Assists Vice President of Mission Formation and Identity with spiritual and faith formation initiatives throughout the year and seasonally for the student community. This includes but may not be limited to school liturgies and prayer services.
- Order supplies and equipment and store these in an orderly manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Theology/Ministry (or equivalent)
- Practicing Catholic
- Knowledge of Catholic liturgy and ability to plan and execute liturgical services including Mass.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Evidence of effective organizational and interpersonal skills in context of teamwork
- Sensitivity to interfaith issues
- 2-3 years of ministry to adolescent or young adults
- MA in Theology/Ministry (or equivalent)
- Youth Ministry Certification
- Experience with retreat organization and/or leadership training
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Please click here to access the online application.
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Brebeuf at a glance
Click the link below to download a packet and learn more about employment at Brebeuf Jesuit