Job Opening - Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for assisting and implementing a successful marketing and communications platform that positively impacts the annual and long-range goals of Brebeuf Jesuit. The position is charged to provide leadership to the areas of campaign management, student recruitment, marketing material production, scholarship program management, and parent relations. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Composing written materials on an as-needed and ad hoc basis, quickly preparing drafts of interesting news articles, written copy for the website or social media outlets, or other timely communications.
- Assisting with the production of written materials, actively collecting information and ideas for marketing materials, news stories, promotional pieces and other literature.
- Adapting the voice, content and tenor of written pieces in order to specifically reach and excite different constituencies.
- Proofing and copyediting a wide-range of materials both print and online.
- Researching marketing trends and analyzing data to assist with campaign creation.
- Coordinating both electronic and traditional display signage to meet planned campaign or event goals.
- Assisting with digital productions including photography and videography projects.
- Managing the student scholarship program, working directly with students and donors to assist with selection process and distribution of scholarships.
- Providing organizational and volunteer support for marketing and promotional events as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with capacity
- Exemplary written and verbal skills, including proofreading skills
- Sensitivity to the elements of style for a wide array of compositional genres, including: fundraising appeal letters, mission-related correspondence, social media posts, grant proposals, news and journalistic pieces, email marketing, and advertising copy
- Experience with and working knowledge of standard office software applications including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience Adobe suite, and email marketing software
- Warm personal interview skills and a strategic research approach in order to prepare written material
- Creativity, innovative thinking and a willingness to contribute ideas professionally
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in English, journalism, or marketing and communications.
- Experience in a private education environment and/or Jesuit educational model.
- Experience with Finalsite platform
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Brebeuf at a glance
Click the link below to download a packet and learn more about employment at Brebeuf Jesuit